Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Video Thursday

We got the car back yesterday, and amazingly, the bill was even less expensive than expected.  It was in such good shape, Rebecca, the mechanic, didn't have to do as much work.  And, yes.  Rebecca, the mechanic.  I love it.  She was really cool, and did an excellent job of detailing/washing/etc., as well as the service bit.  As we drove off, and I was reveling in the fact a woman had done the job, Alan asked me if I wasn't being sexist.  I said no, I was being smug.  So, in the future, my manly car will be serviced by Rebecca.  No pun intended.  (Okay, yes it was.  I couldn't resist.  Sorry.)

I found two videos this morning that I want to share.  The first one is of a cat, doing the "Slinky" thing down a flight of stairs.  Remember Slinkys??  My father and his brother had a large machine shop company when I was a kid.  They made ball bearings and train parts and tons of other weird metal doodads, including slinkys.  We always had lots of them around the house, though my favorite thing were the ball bearings.  I cleaned out the marble-shooting crowd with my steelies.  Nobody could beat me, though many tried.  Ah, the good old days...

Anyway...here's the cat video.  It's funny, and you can't help but wonder what's in the cat's mind as it does the slinky thing down those stairs.


This next video is really good.  It's a bit racy, but bear in mind, it's an actual television commercial for Mercedes-Benz.  I love adverts that are clever and unexpected, like this one.

Another one from Miss Cellania

That's about it for today.  Not much going on for a change, which is a good thing.  I have to package up some Christmas stuff to send off to Scotland, but other than that...a nice, quiet day ahead.

Oh crap.  I hope I didn't just jinx myself.

No comments: