Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Birthdays and Beauty

Today is Ozzy's 8th birthday.  Wow, where has the time gone..??  Now that he's been peeled like a grape, he actually looks younger than his age.  More like a fuzzy Papillon puppy than a grown man-dog.  At least one thing about hair...it always grows back.  (Well...sorry Alan...except in your case.)  Mwah hahaha.

Here's a great shot of the Birthday Boy this morning, pink toy stuffed in his mouth, ready to play.  I think he's getting used to being scalped, or at least he doesn't mind so much since the weather has been so incredibly warm and toasty.


And, speaking of the weather.  I was sitting at the computer earlier, the sun just breaking over the horizon, the mist thick over Roseburg, and as I glanced out the window, this was what I could see:


So beautiful, isn't it..??  I went out to the front deck, just to admire the view, and discovered the Birch trees were covered in sparkling drops of dew.  Of course, I had to try to get some pictures.  It looked like the branches were covered in little twinkling fairy lights.  My photos don't do justice to the actual, but still, you can almost see what I mean.


Two macro shots...

************************************************

Matthew (the landscaper) has just left after a run-through of what will be happening over the next two months.  I love his vision of the changes, though am still having a hard time truly seeing it.  I can't seem to get beyond the ugly now, to see the beautiful later.  I did a video of the landscaping yesterday, and will post it tomorrow.  It's not great, but will do for the "before".  Let's just cross our fingers that the "after" lives up to expectations--though as I've already said, nearly anything will be better than how things look at the moment.

Absolutely stunning day today.  The mist is lifting in the valleys--though we have been above it all morning--and the sun is shining and warm.  I need to get motivated so we can get the dogs out for their walkies.  And, hey...Happy Birthday, Oz...!!!

No comments: