Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Friday, January 28, 2011

Foggy Friday

We are totally locked in with fog this morning.  Somewhere down there is Roseburg.  I guess, with the really warm weather during the day and the cold at night, the two have met in the middle and produced this:


It's not often we are encased in fog and mist, up here on the mountain.  Usually we're above it, though not today.  I love how the gnarly Oak trees look so mysterious and eerie, especially this one, directly across the road from my study window.


Hopefully, by this afternoon, it will have burned away.  It's getting brighter by the minute, so I know the sun is up there somewhere trying to break through. 

************************************************
Here's my not-so-good video of the current landscaping.  It's pretty jiggly as I was trying to keep my footing in some dicey parts, though you can basically get the drift of how crappy the yard is around the house.  As usual, I will bore everyone senseless with photos and videos as the work progresses.  I'm hoping this landscape deal won't turn out as endless and ungratifying as the blasted garage floor--which is still not right, but we won't go there right now.


*************************************************

That's about all I've got time for this morning.  It's Alan's birthday today and I'm making him an Italian Creme Cake for the event.  I haven't made it before, so it will be interesting to see what a mess how it works out.  I really shouldn't experiment like this on the very day I need things to go well, but there you go...life in the fast lane.

Have a good Friday, people.

No comments: