Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Trivia

I had my first sleep in two weeks without cold and cough meds last night.  It didn't go real well, but it's time I get off the sleep aids regardless of the wheezing and nose sniffing.  Unfortunately, I woke up in the dreaded Hour of Regret:  3:00am.  I laid there for what seemed half my life, mostly agonizing about poor Ozzy's scalping.  I had a running film of his past seven years going through my mind of his long, silky hair; how really handsome he was.  It started to make me sick.  I mean crap, one wrong decision on my part, and the poor wee creature is doomed for at least a year before he gets even a semblance of his former hair restored.  It's hard to even look at him, and he's constantly shivering from the cold now.  AArrgghh.  Maybe I'll go back to the medicine and just keep myself knocked out for the next six months.

**************************************


On a lighter note.  I found some interesting trivia today, a few goofy photos, and a funny video, so let's take a Thursday Trivia coffee break since I missed Tuesday's.

Later today, if all goes well, I will take the camera with me to the park and try to get some Biker Boys action of the guys in their new duds.






First up is this cute video of a dog named Ernie.  His bed has been usurped by the cat.  He is not happy and wants it back.  His look, at the end of the video, is priceless.


Here's a great website.  It's a How to Do Just About Everything site, with video explanations about...well, just about everything.  It's very informative and interesting.  At least to me.

In case you think the dumbasses of the world aren't still out there, check out these photos.  Epic lock FAILs.  I mean really...what were they thinking..??



Like these methods of securing your bike would actually work..??  There were more lock FAILs if you just can't resist feeling smug that you couldn't possibly be this dumb.  Check it out here.

Another sign that makes absolutely no sense to me.  Again, what does it mean..??  I thought most signs these days were universal; understandable to everyone.  Apparently not.  I wouldn't know what to do if I saw this.

But wait.  I might have just figured this one out.  Have you..??  I'm pretty sure it means don't put a bag over your head.  Okay.  And the little dog on the right must actually be a child.  I get it...!!  This is a choking warning about plastic bags...!!  Course, by the time I have deduced this, I will have choked.

For a bit of Zen today, I give you the yin and yang of cats.  Would that people could mesh so well.

Via Bing

There was a French website a while back that "invented" a book cover for you.  All I had to do was put in the title of my book.  This is what they came up with.  It's sort of cool, though has nothing to do with my story.  Still, interesting what a few words can conjure, though I'll stick to the one I already have, thanks.


And finally, Max My Dream was a pretty fun website, though I have a hard time remembering my dreams so I typed in a short scenario of a vague one.  If you had a really complicated, convoluted dream, it would be very cool to see what the short graphic film would show you.  Oddly, this is a site for Pepcid, a stomach relief medicine.  Go figure.  Maybe if your dreams give you a stomach ache, you will reach for their product..??  Haven't a clue, though it's still an interesting site, no matter the source.

Alrighty then.  That should be enough trivia and wasted time for your coffee break today. 

And now it's time to get the dogs suited up and down the mountain for their walkies.  With any luck I will either have some photos or a short video when we return.  Yeah, yeah, I know...famous last words.

No comments: