Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Short Tuesday

Well, the day will be as long as any Tuesday...just this post will be short as we have several things to do this morning.

Yesterday we got a card from Alan's cousin Harry--one of my favorites of all Alan's relatives.  The card was lovely (from the British Red Cross), and because of my predilection for posting bird photos lately, I thought I would include the card in this post.  It's wintry and sweet, with the female flanked by her two beaux.  Thanks Harry...





I don't have much to post for the Tuesday coffee break this morning, though there are three links I thought were worth looking at.

In case you've missed the exciting discovery of this enormous cave system, found in Vietnam, check out these stunning photos.  Honestly, National Geographic just blows me away some days...




This is one of the photos, and wow, could it be more beautiful..??  It's doubly amazing when you realize this is deep inside a cave..and yet, there is jungle and plant life..!!



Another interesting place on our planet, is this one, in Turkey.  Pamukkale translated means Cotton Castle, and you can see why it got that name.  Such fluffy looking whiteness, and that water, as clear as glass.  Take a minute to look at all the photos...truly cool geology.  Though I have no desire at all to go to Turkey, I would like to see this place.



Julie Thompson is originally from my home state, Alaska, though now lives in the Pacific Northwest in Washington.  She does the most intriguing artwork...on feathers..!!  I can't paint a straight line, so it's jaw-dropping to me that someone could do such detailed, beautiful art.



And there you have it...short and sweet for Tuesday, though we've been 'round the world this morning.  Now I've gotta go 'round Roseburg, so must get on with the day...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those caves are amazing! Who knew? I'm afraid we've forgotten that's such a beautiful country. How could something this large and expansive escaped discovery.

terlee said...

I thought the underground jungle and plants were the most amazing. It's like Journey to the Center of the Earth, or something.