Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Bit of Freedom

The boys are off to the groomer's in an hour.  Ozzy looks like a refugee from some doggie relocation camp, and Max needs his toes and stuff trimmed.  We haven't tried this groomer before, but it's next door to the vet and affiliated with them, so we're giving them a try.  It's also just down the mountain from the house, rather than clear across town and halfway to Grants Pass, like the other one we've used since we got here in August.  

I have a hard time "experimenting" like this.  Instead of relishing the few hours of freedom without the dogs, I will spend the time worrying that I've left them at Satan's Dog House.  I know, I know.  Ridiculous.  Unfortunately, several years ago at a very well-known dog store chain, I saw this horrible woman grooming someone's dog and it was truly bad.  I regret to this day that I didn't rat her out to the store manager, plus wait for the owner to show up so I could tell her what this vile woman did to her little dog.  So, thanks to that experience, I am forevermore tainted by the memory and always worry when I leave Ozzy...and now Max.  In Scotland, Ozzy had the best groomer guys in Edinburgh and I never gave it a thought when I left him with them.  I'm just going to cross my fingers that today goes well with this new place.

Alan and I were talking about what exciting thing we could do--between 10:30 and 1:00--then realized we needed to go grocery shopping.  The fun never stops in my world.  Though, maybe, if we can get the shopping done in a timely manner, we can at least go out for lunch.  Assuming I can eat, with a nervous stomach and a big lump of worry in my throat.

I think, at long last, that I am finally on the other side of this cold.  And, what a nightmare it has been.  Definitely learned my lesson about never, ever forgetting to wash my hands after being in the outside world.  Though I am still randomly blowing my nose, and occasionally trying to rearrange my innards with bouts of coughing, I feel much, much better today.

I haven't had time this morning to do my usual surfing for cool photos or videos, so the Tuesday Coffee Break will be postponed.  Maybe later today I can post some things; a cool picture of Ozzy, all handsome and trimmed, for one.  I won't get one of Max, of course, since he runs like the Hounds of Hell are after him the minute I reach for the camera.  I don't know what's up with that.  

Alrighty then.  Off to the groomer's...

No comments: