Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Just a Few Things...

First, I have two corrections to make on earlier postings:

1.  The wee Yellow Finch--from my posting Happy New Year-- are in fact, not called Yellow at all, but are actually known as Gold Finches.  This info thanks to Alan who looked it up to find out more about them.

2.  In my Day One, 2011 posting my creativity has not been stiffled, but rather stifled.  This glaring error came to me in the middle of the night.  Weird how our brains work, isn't it..??  Though, maybe my mind has created a new word, a combination of stiffed and stifled.  That might work.  November stiffed me by screwing up my writing due to numerous crises, which in turn stifled my creative juices.  So, perhaps being stiffled is apropos after all...

It's a very dreary Sunday here in Roseburg this morning.  I can't seem to generate much enthusiasm or energy to do a damn thing.  I'm convinced it's the "anticlimax syndrome": the Hols are over, and now we're facing the long, cold slog of getting through January, the worst month of all.

I found this funny sign whilst surfing the internet this morning.  Honestly, why don't foreign countries hire English-speaking folks to translate words properly..??  Beware of Drowning becomes Careful Drowning.  As if...


Something funny to watch:  A video about dogs, and the things they get up to while having fun and/or playing. Keep the volume off though, the music that accompanies the video is totally annoying.


Well, I've managed to dink away the entire morning, so best get on with the day, especially as it will soon be time to head down the mountain, to the park, for Ozzy's walk.  Ahh...nothing quite like a gloomy Sunday of dinkage, is there...??

No comments: