Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Part Deux

Okay, I have to rein in my skepticism...or maybe just let go of my usual cynical attitude for a moment.  Whatever.  Let's just say, it's a good thing I didn't take the bet on how the dishwasher installation would go because I would have lost.

It went great...!!  Woo hoo...!!  The two guys--father/son--did a most excellent job and the washer is in, and looks perfect.  See for yourself:


That lovely blue dot is the machine doing its initial run-through.  If I had sound to accompany this photo it wouldn't make any difference as this is a near silent machine.  The decibels are incredibly low and in fact, when they told me it was running, I didn't believe it.  Totally cool.


It fits flush with the cabinets. too.  The old, non-working dishwasher jutted out about 3-4 inches and just collected debris off the counter, which was very annoying, particularly as the blasted machine wasn't even functional.

Now I need to go cook something, and/or make a really big mess in the kitchen, so I can load the dishwasher...!!  OMG.  I have a dishwasher...!!!!!

************************************************

Hmmm.  I would just like to interject an observation here.  I used to get this excited about a new pair of heels at the Nordstrom's semi-annual shoe sale, or a new dress/suit/jacket.  Now I'm excited about cookware and appliances.  Buggers.  When did I become a grown-up...??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the 21st century. Oh, that's right. They were available in the 20th century too. Oops! But really, that's money well spent and it looks most excellent!

Now, unfortunately, it becomes a battle for who gets to load and who gets to unload. As one who beat the system, my advice: if you do it badly the other will insist on doing it their way. Works every time.

terlee said...

A battle..?? Not in this house..*snort*

Trust me, women know about the "do it bad" ploy.

Anonymous said...

That's why my lovely wife doesn't mow the lawn, but also why I don't load/unload the dishwaher, make the bed, do the laundry and a host of other things I HATE doing. Oh, let's throw in grocery shopping too.