Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day One, 2011

Sigh...now I have to remember NOT to write 2010, which will no doubt take me until February.

I was transferring info from the old calendar to the new one last night, and ended up reviewing my own year...

January.  By Day One, 2010 I had already written 96,269 words of the first book.  At the moment I am only 32,384 words into the second.  November 2010 seems to have stiffled my creativity, big time.  Ozzy turned 7.

In February I finished the book, with a whopping 169,836 words, and then began the editing and rewrite, eventually finishing with 160,000 give or take.

March we sold the house in Edinburgh, after two very long years, though it would be nearly three more months until the deal was finalized.

April, I totally finished the book and sent it to CreateSpace for my proof copy.  We had a garage sale, which was rained out the first day.  Had many a conversation with passersby that no, the garage wasn't for sale.  Not a common thing in Scotland, a garage sale.

At the end of May, we sold the Land Rover.  She was a most excellent vehicle and I was sad to see her go.  We met with moving companies, started packing, and making arrangements to leave the UK.  Had a wonderful Farewell Party, with family, friends and neighbors.

June.  A sad, yet adventurous month.  Left my beloved Scotland--a move I am still to this day not convinced was the right thing to do, though it's a bit late now.  Spent two weeks driving from the East Coast of America, to the West.  I've blogged the whole trip, so won't go into the sights and events.  Bought a new car, bought the house in the clouds.

July we spent at my mother's, traveling back and forth from Grants Pass, Oregon to Roseburg, our new home.  Had a wonderful long weekend in the woods at a beautiful mountain cabin to save Ozzy from the horrors of the 4th of July fireworks.  Took possession of the house on July 30th.

August/September were fraught with moving in, having two complete decks built, and an Ozzy fence, getting new furniture, finally having our belongings arrive from the UK, two months later than expected.

October starts the monumental house painting/garage floor fiasco.

November I began the second book, in the NaNo competition.  Crisis after crisis later, not the least being Ozzy nearly croaking, I crawl to the end of the month hoping never to have such a November again.

December.  I wrote 190 blog posts in 2010, most of them in the second half of the year as I was too busy writing the book in the first half.  It has been an amazing, sad, eventful, poignant, frustrating, energizing, fraught, depressing, exciting, painful, stimulating, scary, dreadful, exhilarating, humorous, tearful year.

************************************************

Last night it began snowing, with giant, fat flakes that quickly covered our mountain.  It was so quiet outside, and beautiful.  I got up early this morning and snapped a few shots of the sunrise over Roseburg, and a few photos off the front deck.  The sun is out in full force now, and everything is already melting, so good thing I took the pictures when I did.

Sun just rising over the mountains above Roseburg.  The photos look a bit darkish, but it was early after all.

 

Few shots of the view from the front porch.  I wanted the road to be pristine, but the woman across the greenbelt beat me to it and drove off while I was getting the camera.  Oh well...

 

***********************************************

So, there's the start of my first day of 2010...damn..!!...2011.  (Apparently I will be suffering short-term memory loss this year.)

To finish the blog today, I thought I would post this hilarious video of two comedians from Great Britain, doing a spoof of computers.  They use all the jargon, though do it with fruit...and just when you think they can't pun another thing, they do.  Too funny.  This vid has been making the rounds, so you might already have seen it...if so, watch again and start off the New Year with a smile.

Wishing everyone happiness and health and joy in 2011...

No comments: