Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Friday, January 14, 2011

Flix on Friday

I'm feeling a bit better today, though it's early yet.  I seem to dwindle as the day goes on, especially once we get home from the afternoon walkies with the dogs.  Still.  At the moment, I'm doing...okay.

Found some good videos this morning I thought I would share.  One is sweet and goose-bumpy, and two are just downright funny.

This first one is of a little girl, Elizabeth Hughes, singing the National Anthem...and then her mike dies.  There's one moron in the crowd who laughs (and isn't there always a moron in the crowd...??), but then, maybe you'll see what I mean about the goosebumps.  (The videographer wasn't too good, particularly in the beginning as he waves the camera all over, but once Elizabeth starts singing, it's okay).


Next up, we have Senior Olympic Synchronized Swimming.  Honestly, this was really clever and funny.  I don't have a clue who these people are, or where the video was taken, but it will definitely make you smile...

Via Presurfer

And last but not least, and really funny, is this compilation video of bloopers from a television fishing show, starring a guy named Bill Dance. This is hilarious...and makes you wonder how in the world the poor man got his own show in the first place.  His sidekicks aren't much better.

Via flixxy

So, there you go.  Something sweet, and something funny, to kick off the weekend.  I'm waiting for the Sears delivery guys to bring the new fridge--which is to be sometime before lunch--then I can play around with the shelf configurations, take the dogs for their afternoon walkies, and because I'm sick of being sick, I think a nice long rest on the couch is in order to hasten my recovery.  (Okay, okay.  That, and I want an excuse to lay around reading my book...)

Happy Friday, everyone...

No comments: