Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

OMG...!!!!

Well.  I am nearly speechless.  My brain is still reeling.  We've just returned home from picking the dogs up from the groomer's.  Holy Crap.

The girl at the groomer's asked me what kind of cut for Ozzy.  Usually a groomer knows how to cut a Papillon, but I thought maybe she was asking if I wanted something different.  I said he normally gets a puppy cut:  shorter, trimmed, but still in the proper configuration for his breed.  She asks if I want it as short as Max's.  I blink.  Max has very short hair.  No, says I, just a puppy cut, not all his hair cut off.  We leave.  The dogs are not happy.  I'm not happy, but hey, how bad can it be..??

It can be this bad:


She cut off his trousers--the long bits down his back legs that look exactly like he's wearing pants.  He has no feathers hanging from his ears--a defining trademark of a Pap.  His full chest of hair--which gives him a lion-like appearance--is completely gone, shaved to within half an inch from his skin.  Seriously, it is the worst cut I have ever seen.  It's totally obvious this groomer has either never seen a Pap before in her life, or she doesn't know how to trim one...or both.  Poor, poor Ozzy.  He doesn't know what's happened.  He needed some major cuddling once we got him out of the place.  Unfortunately, so did I.

Max fared a bit better as he just got a wash and toenail clipping, though I fear we have set him back to ground zero in his comfort zone.  He was very upset to be back in a cage, and isn't his usual perky, happy-go-lucky self now.  I think it brought back all his memories of being in doggie jail.

So.  What have we learned from this debacle..??  That everyone has been traumatized, the groomer will never see us again, and I will have to grovel to both dogs for probably an eternity to make this up to them.  Buggers, I hate making wrong choices.

No comments: