Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tuesday

Yesterday it got up into the mid-60s.  It was a wonderful day, and so much like Spring that you could hardly believe it.  We took the dogs to the city park first, then it was off to the vet's for Max's shots, which thankfully didn't take too long.  After that, as a treat and because of the weather, we drove out to the County Park.  I ended up taking off my sweatshirt as I got too hot...!!

This morning we woke up to frost everywhere, but already it's melted in the heat from the sun.  Yes, it's another beautiful day.  I don't know what to think.  After ten years in Scotland--where it barely gets into the 60s in the Summer months--this bizarrely warm January has me waiting for the other shoe to drop. Surely this isn't normal to have the weather so pleasant at this time of year..??  Am I really in the Southern Hemisphere instead of Southern Oregon..??

In case you're wondering:  I am NOT complaining...!!!

************************************************




Not much of interest around the internet this morning, so Coffee Break Tuesday will be sparse...maybe only worth half a cup.

I did find the most amazing advertisement though.  It's for Sapporo beer (Japan's oldest beer maker), and is just wonderful.  It took a month to shoot it, oddly in China...and by a Canadian film group.  I guess that makes this a very international beer advert.



Take a moment to enjoy this...it's very, very good.

  Via Presurfer

Here's my "What in the world..??" sign for the week.  Seriously, Sweden and/or the Scandinavian countries have a whole different way of looking at things.  I don't get this one at all, other than the little figures look like they're dancing...or something.  Any ideas..??  I suppose if I could read the sign, it would make sense, though the point of the graphics is for those of us who don't know the language in whatever country we happen to be in, can still follow along by looking at the pictures...right...??


Again last night we had another great sunset.  I'm going to finish off the posting today with these three shots.  And, yes, this is the exact color of the actual sunset...fiery and yellow and orange.


Time to get out into the sunshine, head for the park and do our walkies.  Dogs are already snarking that I'm still in here banging away on the laptop, and trust me, if anything will get me out of this chair, it's those two... 

No comments: